Please CAREFULLY review the Amended and Consolidated State of Emergency. IMPORTANT CHANGES EFFECTIVE 4-30-2020
Amended and Consolidated State of Emergency
Town of Ocean Isle Beach
EFFECTIVE: Thursday, April 30th, 2020
Please CAREFULLY review the Amended and Consolidated State of Emergency.
Key Points (Effective 4/30/20):
- Short-term Rental restriction will be lifted.
- Public Parking will re-open.
- Beach Strand will be open to the public for exercise, recreational activity, and relaxation. Chairs are allowed. (READ #4!)
- Public gatherings are STILL LIMITED to no more than 10 persons at ALL times and at ALL locations (including the Beach) with REQUIRED social distancing of 6 feet.
- All Public Buildings will remain CLOSED except for essential staff.
- All previously approved Group Activity applications still revoked due to Governor’s orders on gatherings
NOTE: ANY PERSON WHO VIOLATES ANY PROVISION OF THIS DECLARATION OR ANY PROVISION OF ANY EXECUTIVE ORDER ISSUED BY THE GOVERNOR SHALL BE GUILTY OF A CLASS 2 MISDEMEANOR PURSUANT TO N.C.G.S. 166A-19.31(h) AND N.C.G.S. 14-288.20A.
THAT WHEREAS, due to the COVID-19 Virus and in order to maintain and protect the public health of the citizens and residents of the Town of Ocean Isle Beach, on March 23, 2020, the Town of Ocean Isle Beach declared a State of Emergency pursuant to Article 1A of Chapter 166A of the North Carolina General Statutes and Chapter 18 of the Town of Ocean Isle Beach Code of Ordinances; and
WHEREAS, said Proclamation has been subsequently revised and amended by the Mayor of the Town of Ocean Isle Beach on five occasions; and
WHEREAS, it is now necessary to amend and consolidate said declaration and revisions into one proclamation in order to clarify the same and to protect the citizens and residents of the Town of Ocean Isle Beach and maintain and promote the public health;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Debbie S. Smith, Mayor of the Town of Ocean Isle Beach, do hereby declare and proclaim that the State of Emergency declared on March 23, 2020, is still in effect and that the following restrictions and prohibitions are now in effect within the Town of Ocean Isle Beach as of the date hereof:
1. Access to Public Facilities- Access to all public facilities is restricted to essential staff only. All public interaction shall be limited to the protocols adopted by the Board of Commissioners on March 23, 2020.
2. Public Gatherings- Public gatherings are limited to no more than 10 persons at all times and at all locations (including the Beach) with required social distancing of 6 feet.
3. All previously approved Group Activity applications are hereby revoked. Applicants should contact the Town regarding rescheduling of these events.
4. Property owners and residents are encouraged to follow the NC Governor’s STAY AT HOME Order and Strategic Directions.
5. These restrictions are effective beginning April 30, 2020 and are in addition to the protocols adopted by the Board of Commissioners on March 23, 2020, and shall remain in force until terminated by the Mayor of the Town of Ocean Isle Beach.