Amended and Consolidated State of Emergency
Town of Ocean Isle Beach
EFFECTIVE: Thursday, May 21st, 2020
Please CAREFULLY review the Amended and Consolidated State of Emergency.
Key Points (Effective 5/21/20):
- Public gatherings are STILL LIMITED to no more than 10 persons INDOORS (this does not include Beach Houses) and no more than 25 persons at ALL locations (including the Beach) with REQUIRED social distancing of 6 feet.
- All municipal buildings (Town Hall, Police and Fire Departments) will be reopened to the public beginning Tuesday, May 26. We will be adhering to social distancing protocols and recommending the wearing of face coverings to those entering our facilities.
- We are STRONGLY ENCOURAGING that all Town business continue to be conducted via phone, email, fax, or other virtual means to the greatest extent possible.
- All previously approved Group Activity applications are still revoked due to Governor’s orders on gatherings.
- Public meetings will still be closed to the public but will continue to be live streamed. Public Comments can be emailed to [email protected] or mailed to Town Clerk at 3 W. Third Street, Ocean Isle Beach, NC 28469
- Community Center Restrooms have re-opened to the Public.
AMENDED AND CONSOLIDATED PROCLAMATION BY MAYOR DECLARING A STATE OF EMERGENCY IN THE TOWN OF OCEAN ISLE BEACH
EFFECTIVE May 21, 2020
NOTE: ANY PERSON WHO VIOLATES ANY PROVISION OF THIS DECLARATION OR ANY PROVISION OF ANY EXECUTIVE ORDER ISSUED BY THE GOVERNOR SHALL BE GUILTY OF A CLASS 2 MISDEMEANOR PURSUANT TO N.C.G.S. 166A-19.31(h) AND N.C.G.S. 14-288.20A.
THAT WHEREAS, due to the COVID-19 Virus and in order to maintain and protect the public health of the citizens and residents of the Town of Ocean Isle Beach, on March 23, 2020, the Town of Ocean Isle Beach declared a State of Emergency pursuant to Article 1A of Chapter 166A of the North Carolina General Statutes and Chapter 18 of the Town of Ocean Isle Beach Code of Ordinances; and
WHEREAS, said Proclamation has been subsequently revised and amended by the Mayor of the Town of Ocean Isle Beach on six occasions; and
WHEREAS, it is now necessary to amend and consolidate said declaration and revisions into one proclamation in order to clarify the same and to protect the citizens and residents of the Town of Ocean Isle Beach and maintain and promote the public health;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Debbie S. Smith, Mayor of the Town of Ocean Isle Beach, do hereby declare and proclaim that the State of Emergency declared on March 23, 2020, is still in effect and that the following restrictions and prohibitions are now in effect within the Town of Ocean Isle Beach as of the date hereof:
1. Access to Public Facilities- Access to Municipal Buildings (Town Hall, Police Department and Fire Department) is now permitted (Effective May 26th). All public interaction shall be in accordance to the Governor’s recommendations to promote Social –Distancing and Reduce Transmission of COVID-19 including maintaining a six-foot distance from other individuals at all times and wearing protective face coverings. Please stay at home if you are sick.
2. Public Gatherings- Public gatherings are limited to no more than 10 persons indoors and 25 persons outdoors (including the Beach) with required social distancing of 6 feet.
3. All previously approved Group Activity applications are hereby revoked. Applicants should contact the Town regarding rescheduling of these events.
4. These restrictions are effective beginning May 21, 2020 and are in addition to the protocols adopted by the Board of Commissioners on March 23, 2020, and shall remain in force until terminated by the Mayor of the Town of Ocean Isle Beach.