Header - Page 5

When is my bill due?

Bills are mailed bi-monthly (January, March, May, July, September, and November) and due by the 25th of the billing month.

How much is the minimum bill?

The minimum bi-monthly charge for water is $30.00 and the minimum bi-monthly charge for sewer is $40.00, for a total of $70.00 minimum charge bi-monthly. The minimum charge includes zero gallons of consumption.

When does my bill become delinquent, is there a fee or penalty?

Delinquent notices are sent if the payment is not received by the day following the due date. At that time, a 10% penalty is added to the amount due.

How can I pay my bill?

You can pay by mail, online at, by signing up for automatic draft from a checking account, in person at the town hall, or in our night depository located at the entrance to the town hall.

Paying with a credit card

Yes, you can pay online at You will need your account number and the physical address of the property.

Important! When entering the physical address, do not include the words “street, road, or circle”. Example, if you address is 44 Union Street, type in 44 Union. Our online bill pay system recognizes the street name only.

How do I set up automatic bank drafting?

Automatic bank drafting is a convenient way of paying your utility bill and there is no additional cost to you. Click HERE to fill out the Bank Draft Request Form. Please note you must provide a copy of a voided check. You can also sign up at the town hall during business hours. Every other month on the due date, or the workday after a weekend or holiday, your bill will be automatically drafted. You will continue to receive a water/sewer bill every other month, so that you can continue to monitor your water usage. The bill will indicate that the account is on bank draft. Once you submit your bank draft request, the first bill you receive after applying will not be drafted in order to allow time to pre-note the account. The second billing you receive after applying will indicate bank draft on the bill and process on the due date thereafter. Any draft returned by the bank because of insufficient funds will be removed from the bank draft program and charged a return check fee of $25.00.

How do I view my payments and/or monitor my account online?

The online payment system will display the last 12 months of billing information. You can view this by creating a profile and adding your account to the profile you created. Follow the instructions on the PAY MY BILL section of our website at to create a profile and pay your billing charges by credit card or check.

How soon is my water bill payment processed?

All payments are processed and applied to your account the same day they are received.

How do I change my mailing address, contact phone number, or email address?

Just fill out the change of address section on the back of your billing statement and mail it in with your payment. If you are on bank draft, just mail the bill with this information included and we will make the requested changes. You can also email changes to your account to [email protected].

Click HERE for Change of Address Form

Water leaks and adjustments. How do I request an adjustment after discovering a water leak?

You will need to complete and submit an ADJUSTMENT REQUEST FORM and include a copy of the plumber’s repair bill or a statement of materials purchased if the repair was performed by the owner.

Conditions: The town will consider a leak adjustment using the following conditions and criteria:

  1. The customer’s account must be paid in full and kept current until the leak adjustment is reviewed, and a decision is made.


  2. The billing period adjustment shall be limited to two billing cycles.


  3. A plumber’s receipt or a statement of materials purchased if the repair was performed by the owner. No adjustments will be considered without proof of repair.


Billing Schedule and Disconnection of Water Service for Non-Payment

Bills are due by the 25th of the billing months (January, March, May, July, September, and November).

Second notices are mailed on the 25th of that same month, and a 10% late fee is added to the balance due.

If payment is not received by the 10th of the following month, service will be discontinued, and a $60.00 disconnect/reconnect fee will be charged.


After-Hours Water Restoration

An additional $40.00 reconnect fee will be added to your account for water service restoration calls on weekends, holidays and calls made after 3:00 PM, Monday – Friday.

All delinquent charges must be paid before services are restored. Failure to receive a bill does not relieve customer of responsibility for payments of bill and/or fee.


For After-Hours Town Water Emergency: Dial (910) 547-3351


What areas does the Town of Ocean Isle Beach service?

The Town of Ocean Isle Beach supplies water and sewer service to the island, along Causeway Dr. and Saltwater Palms.  Out of town water service is provided to Parker’s Pointe, Culpepper Rd., a portion of Denton St., Rick St. and a portion of Hale Beach Rd.

We do not supply water or sewer service to the following:  The Retreat, Ocean Ridge, The Cottages, and locations on Beach Dr. (Hwy. 179), these areas are serviced by Brunswick County Public Utilities, (910) 253-2655.